Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 10

Breakfast
  • 1 piece rye toast (they ran out of wheat) with peanut butter
  • 5 strawberries
  • grapes
Post-workout
  • Mango smoothie*
Workout
  • 25 minutes on treadmill, 1.50 miles, 175 calories
  • 20 minutes on elliptical, 1.55 miles, 245 calories
    Total calories = 420
And that's right! I sucked it up and did the treadmill! I didn't even fall! I jogged some. Check the comments on this post to see some tips I got from a follower! :)


    Dinner
    • Salad (lettuce, cucumbers, red and green bell peppers, chick peas, sunflower seeds)
    • 1/2 sweet potato
    • Mixed Asian veggies (soo gooood)
    Snack/Dessert
    • 7 (equal to one serving) of Stacy's cinnamon sugar pita chips.

    * I have two friends who work at the gym on Wednesdays and Fridays. One works at the little health-food cafe and the other one actually works inside the gym. It's great because I visit them before and after my workouts on Wednesdays and Fridays. Actually, it is probably one of the only reason's I drag myself to the gym on Friday...
    But there is a catch:
    After my workout when I stop by the cafe to visit with one of my suite mates, i'm always pretty hungry from my workout. Then I walk in and am immediately bombarded with posters for this "recovery shake" which is supposedly fat free, designed for weight loss and post workout and 100% all natural fruit. They don't sound too bad for you! (and i'm not kidding they have about 6 posters advertising them in that place.) However, recently i've been getting them every week, this week I had one twice. I know that's going to add up.

    But fear not, my friends! I have decided to bring a piece of fruit with me to the gym for after my workout. Then, i'll have something to munch on while talking to my friend. Now, I may look like a crazy person bringing a banana to the gym, but oh well. I'd rather bring a stupid banana (which i've heard are great post-workout) than fight the temptation of those mango smoothies....So bananas it is! And eventually I will probably go bananas, so i'm going to limit myself to a smoothie once a week or once every other week. We'll see how it goes! It's all about the journey!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...