- 1 piece rye toast (they ran out of wheat) with peanut butter
- 5 strawberries
- Mango smoothie*
- 25 minutes on treadmill, 1.50 miles, 175 calories
- 20 minutes on elliptical, 1.55 miles, 245 calories
Total calories = 420
- Salad (lettuce, cucumbers, red and green bell peppers, chick peas, sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 sweet potato
- Mixed Asian veggies (soo gooood)
- 7 (equal to one serving) of Stacy's cinnamon sugar pita chips.
But there is a catch:
After my workout when I stop by the cafe to visit with one of my suite mates, i'm always pretty hungry from my workout. Then I walk in and am immediately bombarded with posters for this "recovery shake" which is supposedly fat free, designed for weight loss and post workout and 100% all natural fruit. They don't sound too bad for you! (and i'm not kidding they have about 6 posters advertising them in that place.) However, recently i've been getting them every week, this week I had one twice. I know that's going to add up.
But fear not, my friends! I have decided to bring a piece of fruit with me to the gym for after my workout. Then, i'll have something to munch on while talking to my friend. Now, I may look like a crazy person bringing a banana to the gym, but oh well. I'd rather bring a stupid banana (which i've heard are great post-workout) than fight the temptation of those mango smoothies....So bananas it is! And eventually I will probably go bananas, so i'm going to limit myself to a smoothie once a week or once every other week. We'll see how it goes! It's all about the journey!