Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 55

Okay, so that whole not-posting-what-I-eat-thing, wasn't really working for me. Yeah, maybe it's boring to read, but it helps keep me on track. I've noticed that over the past few days (which have been mighty stressful.), amidst the holiday goodies was me: feeling stressed, craving chocolate, and in desperate need of a jog.

And the one thing I needed to keep me focused I didn't have- an audience. Yeah, I kept track on my phone throughout the day, but it's not the same. Announcing every single thing I eat to "the entire world" (ha...haha) makes me think twice before I pop that second red velvet cake truffle. So, although the break was nice, it's back to the daily grind.

And after a sweat session and a new recipe today, it feels good to be back. :)
Breakfast 
  •  1 breakfast sandwich
    1 whole wheat English muffin
    1 tablespoon of Egg Beater's Garden Vegetable...eggs?
    2 tablespoon of Egg Beater's egg whites
    Some chopped green peppers
  • 1/2 grapefruit 
  • Coffee with 1 cream, 1 Splenda

Yumm. I'm an eggcellent chef.

Lunch 
  • Salad BEAST
  • Romaine, red and green bell peps, cukes, carrots, red grapes and 1 tablespoon low-fat sesame-soy dressing.
  • 1 whole wheat Sandwich Thin (toasted) with 2 slices low-sodium turkey.

 
Post-Workout
  • 1 Chobani low-fat blueberry Greek yogurt.
Dinner
  • Salad- Romaine, red and green bell peps, cukes, carrots and 1 clementine with 1 tbsp Low-Fat Sesame-Soy dressing
  • Awesome sweet potato fries.
    I took 1 (huge) sweet potato cut it into "fries" or...I attempted to. Then, I took 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary and a super secret ingredient. (It's not a secret. I just don't know what it's called right now and..i'll let you know.)  and mixed them together in a small bowl.
    Next, I placed the raw fries in a big baggie and poured in 1 tbsp of olive oil (healthy fats! wooo!).
    Then comes the fun part! I poured in the spices and shook it up!
     *Bake at 400 degrees for 22 minutes.


     

 They were delicious and filling. My mom and I both had some, and we had leftovers. They were a huge success!
 
 Workout
  • 30 minutes on elliptical, 2.76 miles, 336 calories
  • 10 minutes on treadmill (everything else unknown...my ride showed up just as I was getting started) :( 
  • Some strength training
  • this intense circuit
  • A short cardio workout from The Fitnessista's   Youtube channel
  • and a 20 minute yoga workout that came free in my Kashi box. :)

    (What can I say? I was feeling energetic today. Who knew that could happen on a Monday?!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...