Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 40 (HIIT!)

Breakfast 
  •  1 S'mores Luna Bar (My Sunday Luna Bar ha!)
  • 1 Green Tea with Splenda (I need Stevia. Splenda=Bad)
  • 1/2 Grapefruit
Lunch
  • 1 organic apple
  • Carrots with Sabra Chipotle Hummus
Dinner
  • I was busy when the caf was open, so dinner wasn't much. 
  • Celery with organic/natural peanut butter
Late Night Snackin'
  • Some organic/gluten free granola that I got from the caf the other day...delicious!

Workout (HIIT IT!)
  • 30 minutes on elliptical, 2.85 miles, 330 calories
  • 30 minutes on treadmill, 1.90 miles, 220 calories
    Total: 1 hour, 4.75miles, 550 calories
    I did some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) today, and let me tell you...the "intensity" part is no joke! Recently, I've found that my workouts on the elliptical haven't been as challenging and HIIT is great for weight loss. So here is what I did:
                   5 minute warm up...6 on incline 7 on resistance
                    20 minutes of HIIT- 1 minute of sprinting/high intensity, 2 minutes at a slower pace.
                    Every 3 minutes (1 minute fast, the other 2 slow), I would kick up the resistance. (I range from 7-9) and I always stay on the 6 incline
                    5 minute cool down
    Same thing on treadmill, just with jogging...and no incline...and not so fast, but I'm working on it. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...