Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You're a Brocc Star! Love your veggies, love yourself.

Oh hey, thanks for stopping by. I hope you're having a lovely evening.

My evening is only half over, I still have to work for an hour...fun.

Dinner was fun tonight, though! It reminded me of childhood meals at my Aunt's house.

              


  •  1 whole wheat pita
  • 1/4 c all natural marinara
  • 1 c broccoli (I never minded eating my veggies as a kid, but my aunt would always tell me "Eat your little trees!" She would also say carrots are nature's candy, which I totally agree with. Apparently, telling me these things really worked out in the end. Here I am eating broccoli for dinner and nature's candy "to make my eyes pretty"
  • + red pepper flakes
After dinner was SPINNING! :) 

I always get to class super early, so I thought "Why not sneak a pic?" ;)

Looking back, as i'm writing this post, riding your bike is a childhood activity, too, isn't it? But this is NOT the same. X-biking is no joke.

Usually the Tuesday night instructor's style isn't my favorite. She's very into deep breathing, stretching, and standing climbs (kill me now), but tonight it felt good to roll the shoulders. You know.

After spinning I grabbed another child hood favorite-


Applesauce! This was another staple in my aunt's house, in fact, i'm pretty sure if I peek into her fridge over Easter break i'll find some.


So onto the self-love portion of this post...

Remember when you were a little kid, not quite on the brink of that self-conscious age? Sometimes I wish I could have that mindset again. Not caring about what anyone thinks of you, saying the first thing that pops into your mind, and always sharing your ideas.


This picture always makes me laugh. Yes, I am HOLDING my snowcone...
In elementary school, I wore a dress every day for two months. I didn't care that I had gym class, I just wore shorts underneath my frock. I also wore my hair differently every single day, because when you're a kid, you don't care what's cool or popular or trendy. Most of the time you're carefree...

Let's get back to that. That part of you, no matter how long ago it was, is still you.

Yes, it was many years ago, we have many more things to worry about now, and many many things have changed, but that light you have inside of you remains.

So put on your favorite dress when the weather is nice, rock a new hairstyle and smile.

Just like the little kid you are.

Question: Did you always eat your veggies as a kid? Were there any that you hated?
Are there any pictures of yourself as a child that just make you chuckle every time you see them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...