Friday, March 25, 2011

A MUCH Needed Update

Here's the deal.

A little less than five months ago, I started this blog (which went by a different name, but we'll get to that later..) So. What was this blog about, you ask? Well, according to my my first post, this blog was going to be about all around health. Mind, body, soul, the whole nine- you get the picture, no?

It started out great, I was eating whole foods, kicking butt in the gym six days a week, and the pounds were falling off. I didn't count calories, I watched my portions while still eating enough. It went on like this, until about a month ago...

By this point, I had lost 48 pounds. Which was great! There was just one catch. wasn't losing the weight anymore, I was someone else. I was miserable and stressed. I was counting calories- something I had never done before- and was only getting around 1000 each day -on top of working out and burning about 500. 

Looking back, I can't even believe I didn't see something was wrong, but there clearly was. I would go to the gym, find out that I had gained weight, and then almost have break downs on the treadmill, until It all came crashing down one night.
It was a typical Tuesday, I went to classes, worked, did my thang'. I went to the gym in the morning, knocked out a half hour on the treadmill and a half hour on the elliptical. The usual, except that night I went to a spin class, which was fine, except my body was completely exhausted....After the spin class, the instructor talked me into taking a "Butts and Guts" class, which was a bad, bad idea, considering it meant I was going to be late to work, as well as completely insane. But I couldn't say no. I needed to lose these last two pounds. Two more pounds and I would hit fifty.

The next morning I woke up and had literally worn myself out. My immune system was shot- my throat hurt, my nose was running, my head hurt, I was achy all over (not just my butt and gut), and I didn't have energy to do anything- including shower.

That night, a good friend and I had a long conversation. She said I was "doing too much" and I needed to cut myself some slack...She advised me to maybe take a break from the gym for a month. I thought she was crazy (I had come so far- I wasn't going back now), but I did it anyway. And you know what? I began losing weight again- about three weeks later when I stepped on the scale.


So here we are. I've had ups, i've had downs. I've started a blog, i've stopped a blog. Now, i'm starting one again...except the old one was just about losing weight. This one is about life. It's about taking control of your life while still living. It's about treating your body right because if you can't do that, then you can't live up to your full potential. It's about Taking A Bite Out Of Life.

Losing weight is hard. Loving yourself exactly the way you are is even harder.
Let's change that, we're in it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...